This spring I was happy to shoot a beautiful maternity session for this mum-to-be during cherry blossoms season in Paris. Usually cherries bloom beginning of April till mid-April during a week or two. I'm always excited for clients who book their sessions during this time. The weather gets warmer. The trees are full of pink flowers, looking like pink clouds. Can it get more perfect to celebrate a future baby girl?
One hour session is optimal when you want to have a photo session around one location and wearing one outfit being pregnant. You might need more time if you'd like to travel between different location, change different outfits or include your partner.
TIPs for an outdoors maternity session:
- I would advice wearing a long dress which will be the most flattering for the feminine curves of a future mum. It usually looks better than a skirt with a top. You do not need a belt.
- Pastels colours are always a great choice for a feminine session. A dark solid colour might also be nice. Patterns might be too distracting.
- Accessories: add a pair of nice earrings, a bracelet or a necklace/pendant. Something elegant and subtle will work the best.
- You need to have your manicure done! Your hands will get a lot of attention during a maternity session so you want them to look perfect.
- Professional makeup and hair will give you more confidence. Everyone deserves to be taken care of and it will make you relax and enjoy the session even more.
- Bring a couple of baby clothes & accessories to allow your photographer get some flatlays (details shots). You might even have some calligraphed pieces with the baby's name or a phrase special to your heart, for example.
by your photographer in Paris - Daria Lorman